bigbird

TS - install applications based on collections

Hey

When i redeploy a system, I have to wait for all the applications to be install after the TS has completed.

Is there a way to get the task seqence to install software based on collections, without making an individual install step for all applications, that tests for collections membership ?

At the moment the TS installs Office,Java, Adobe flash and reader and a few other apps.

But the system might already be member of 4-5 collections with other software. Those are being installed after the TS is done, and the users is already starting to use the computer.

I would like the TS to install that software also, is that possible ?

Assign collection variables and just add 1 software Task to the Task sequence that checks what software is configured within the assigned collection variables. This does take a while to configure but is worth doing if it is what you need in your environment.

This link may help!