Cavemen

Questions regarding Hyper-V cluster and Server 2012

Ohai guys,

I've started to build my own test lab to build a small to medium sized network with Windows Server 2012. I do not have enough server hardware so I used two desktops with plenty of RAM to help out. Firstly I want to create a Hyper-V cluster with two servers, this however does not go that well just yet. One of the Hyper-V hosts does not have drivers for the lan controller. I have this lan controller:

LAN Netwerk Controller Intel I217V Netwerk interfaces Gigabit Ethernet

I've already tried to follow this guide: http://www.ivobeerens.nl/2012/08/08/enable-the-intel-82579v-nic-in-windows-server-2012/ in the hope it would work for my system aswell. My first question is, does anyone know a way to install Windows 8 drivers?

My seccond question is, in case I cannot install the drivers, would I be able to create a cluster between a Windows 8 Hyper-V host and a Server 2012 Hyper-V host? I know this is not something you'd normally do but I want to play around a bit while I wait for more server hardware to come my way.

I hope you guys can help me out a bit! :) Thanks.

Regards,

Dennis