RS1

How do I stop SCCM 2012 trying to install to NLB clusters.

In our environment we name our web servers like this;

UKWEB-SVR01A

UKWEB-SVR01B

Then we create a NLB cluster named

UKWEB-SVR01

So, for example, the cluster UKSQL-SVR03 is formed from UKSQL-SVR03A, UKSQL-SVR03B and UKSQL-SVR03C.

The individual machines are all getting the agent correctly. However, SCCM also discovers the NLB cluster and attempts to install the client to that too.

How do I stop SCCM trying to do this?

Is this what you are looking for?

Never had to do it but remember seeing some articles quite some time ago and remembered it was a registry setting and was of high interest......the link is not the article I first seen but it is the same procedure.

If it works which I can only assume it will as this was not the only article describing the same procedure...... will you report back so that others may also see the solution if they have the same needs.

Thanks

OK. This is not quite doing what we'd like, if indeed that is possible.

The client no longer goes out to these machines but they still show in collections and we'd like to avoid that. Still some way to go I think but a definite improvement so thanks for that,

Maybe be more specific in your system discovery method...instead of having discovery at the root of the domain....set indiviual discoveries on selected OUs'....and leave the OUs' out that these systems are in..... this could be more what you are looking for