GhostRidr

SP's stuck at Waiting to Install

I recently had some Office 2010 clients hang at installing the service pack with an SCCM push. Saying "Waiting to Install" in Software Center. All other updates installed. It took manually downloading that SP and installing to get that resolved.

Today comes the same thing, except this time with a newly installed 2008R2 server, and the SP1 patch. It installed other updates ok, but is hanging in Software Center at "Waiting to Install" for the SP1. Not knowing where the package was on the system, I deleted the entire CCM cache and rebooted. Reran some of the actions to initiate the download, and it did pull down the SP1 package. I can see it sitting there in the only folder I have now in CCM cache. But once again it is stuck at Waiting to Install.

I'd rather not manually try installing SP1 and figure out why SCCM is not working in this instance, and further understand why Office 2010 SP1 was failing for me recently too. Any ideas?