goffries

Create sysprepped VHD with SCCM 2012 R2

I manage a SCVMM 2012 sp1 environment and I would like to use SCCM 2012 r2 to manage, update and publish new VHD's. However I am having trouble creating a sysprep'd VHD. The task sequence seems to complete without issue up to the shutdown command which is the last step in the sequence. I have pasted what I believe the issue is below.

Failed to execute command line 'shutdown -s -t 300' .
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows) InstallSoftware 10/11/2013 2:41:23 PM 1036 (0x040C)

It seems to be unable to find the shutdown.exe, Is there something obvious that I'm missing here? Any idea on how to fix it?

Any assistance would be great.

First of, I would use a task sequence step to perform that action. Reason for that is simple, as your task sequence will never complete successfully. In SP1 there is a new variable introduced, name SMSTSPostAction, use that instead. For the usage of that variable see: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/post/how-to-perform-an-action-directly-after-the-task-sequence-is-finished-with-configmgr-2012/

Back to your issue, a shutdown, is a shutdown. There is nothing in ConfigMgr that would change a shutdown in something else... I do have seen virtual environments where they automaticaly (and directly) started virtual machines after they where shutdown...