JuniorJr

Content/Package restore

Question

We are being asked by our backup team if we 'really need to' backup our contentlib.

My question is, can that be restored from a different site server/primary DP? I'm assuming there's no way to copy content from another primary site (different), even though it is basically the same content/packages?

2 answers to this question

My understanding is that no, you don't need the ContentLib folder. I was told that you only need to backup two things. You need a backup of the automated backup SC Config Manager does (assuming you have that configured). You also need a backup of your Package Source Files. If you aren't sure where that is, you can go to the database and run the following script against your database.

SELECT * FROM v_Package

I just look at the packages I created and backup those as in a disaster the built in stuff should be recreated.