echdareez

Sequence : Install Application step succeeds but nothing is installed

Hi there,

First up : my extremely slimmed down sequence :

PFGXTtx.png

As you can see, there's not much in there : the basics and closing down with the Install Application step near the end. I tried the "install applications according to dynamic variable list" (set to APP and with the corresponding variables set in the collection - APP01 to APP12) but noticed a problem and went with the above settings. The "continue on error" is disabled so if it fails it should halt the sequence...

But something strange is happening (a copy/paste from the status messages) :

The task sequence successfully installed application Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 SP1 X64 Full(ScopeId_775FF90F-ECC3-496F-89BB-B591C4C11B9A/Application_59c84133-cc7d-44a9-9101-f51e9031aab1) for action (Install Application) in the group () with exit code 0.

So, the status message viewer shows that the installation succeeds but after the sequence has been completed, nothing is installed.

If any other info is needed : do let me know,

thanks for any help,

/dimi

Is it possible that there are pre-requisites missing for Office 2013? What happens if you run that Application on an already completed machine, does it install for you?

Don't mean to go off-topic but you seem to have the Thinkpad 10 listed in your TS. I cannot get these to image myself. Are you using UDI at all?

Thanks for the pointer and the help : I just had a look (as this was an application made by a colleague) :

sW49GHr.png

So there were some "dependencies" (but not really) :

0HwJc9o.png

So basically, all it does is an uninstall of the previous version(s).

I might've taken MS Office as an example but even simple applications without any dependencies (single MSI's eg) won't install...

Running this application on an already completed machine works, running the installation manually also works...

Don't mind going off-topic at all :)

I am able to image these (without the applications... for now :-) ) but no, not using UDI (yet). We are preparing a zero-touch sequence and everything is installed according to the site and their variables...

/dimi