Jump to content


RButler

Established Members
  • Posts

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RButler

  1. Whatever you define in the ADR is what it will set the deployment to, there should be no difference between the two. Also Coenie is correct in that hiding the notification is not as effective as it should be, it does appear to be a bug (http://blogs.technet...s.aspx#comments)
  2. Depending on the version of SCCM you are using can vary your query assuming you’re on the new and shiny 2012 So Collection A is fairly simple, something along the lines of: select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = "Domain.local/Software Install" Collection B would EXCLUDE Collection A and have a query for if the software was installed: select * from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.ResourceId not in (select SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID from SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Your Software Here") Now if you are still on 2007 your Collection A would still be the same but your Collections B would be something along the lines of: select * from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.ResourceId not in (select SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID from SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Your Software Here") and SMS_R_System.SystemOUName != "Domain.local/Software Install" adding that it must also not be a member of your OU.
  3. You do not uninstall 2007 until you have completed your migration to the new 2012 site.
  4. The machine account of the primary site server should be added to the local administrators group on the secondary site server.
  5. I ran into this at a customer who had a similar setup. I ended up having to perform an unattended install of the SCCM primary site server. First I created a basic Setup.ini file with the following content: [identification] Action=InstallPrimarySite [Options] ProductID=<XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX or Eval> SiteCode=<YourSiteCode> SiteName=<YourSiteName> SMSInstallDir=D: \Microsoft Configuration Manager SDKServer=<FQDNofSiteServer> PrerequisiteComp=1 PrerequisitePath=D:\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Updates\RTM AdminConsole=1 JoinCEIP=0 RoleCommunicationProtocol=HTTPorHTTPS ClientsUsePKICertificate=0 AddServerLanguages= AddClientLanguages= DeleteServerLanguages= [sqlConfigOptions] SQLServerName=<FQDNofYourSQLServer> DatabaseName=<SQLServerName\<SQLInstanceName> SQLSSBPort=4022 [*]Next I ran Setup.exe /Script D:\SourceFiles\Setup.ini [*]Finally using the CMTrace.exe tool I monitored the C:\ConfigMgrSetup.log More details on the ini file can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/library/gg712320.aspx#BKMK_CommandLineOptions Hope this helps. -Robert
×
×
  • Create New...