Jump to content


Kingskawn

Established Members
  • Content Count

    239
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Kingskawn last won the day on January 4 2019

Kingskawn had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About Kingskawn

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday 05/03/1979

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Center of Europe
  1. Hi Garth, I tried the trick with ospp.vbs as I used to on Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 but as our licenses are activated from the cloud it's like not working. This is the output I get: To find them we can check on the existence of the folder and tokens created in -> \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Licensing But this is per user.
  2. Some end-users are having some trouble with 365 Apps (O365ProPlusRetail) that says there license is not valid or active. I want to make a query or something to group these machines and apply a regfix. But for that I need to find them. We had the ospp.vbs /dstatus before but as the license comes from the cloud (not mak nor kms) I don't know how I can see this. There is a nice guide of Eswar Koneti but not doable for us : https://eskonr.com/2019/09/check-microsoft-office-activation-status-using-sccm-compliance-settings/
  3. Is there a way to delete a machine from ad and sccm before or during a TS? We want to do this because it's still linked to collections with app deployments the end-user doesn't need/want.
  4. Can you give more licenses than you have in the azure portal? We have 500 and we gave 636 so we are in excess. Does MS not block these things? How long is this lasting? Will the end-user get a warning or will the application stop working?
  5. The child TS is not disabled on itself but I disabled the step in the main TS I put the machine in the debug state to see if I can get more info. (TSDebugMode=True) This is the log for now (waiting for debugger) We're on CB 2006. Waiting to upgrade to 2010
  6. I put the machine in the debug state to see if I can get more info. (TSDebugMode=True) This is the log for now (waiting for debugger) We're on CB 2006. Waiting to upgrade to 2010 smsts.log
  7. I've got the weirdest thing on some machines (200). These were the first bare-metals on 1803 we did, and now we want them to upgrade to 1909. When launching the IPU TS it runs like 8 seconds and the status goes to failed and quickly (like 50ms) it changes to available again. I monitored the CCM\logs and "C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\panther" folders but there's no change at all. @niall always says that logs are the answer, but I don't even know where to look for them 😪
  8. Ok, without doing anything the connection came on and was green. I then executed following sql: USE CM_PS1 EXEC spDiagChangeTracking @CleanupChangeTracking = 1 And redo the prerequisite check and all was good. The upgrade to 2010 went super 🙂 Case closed
  9. Ok I found the issue. It was a combination 🙂 I changed some rights in SQL for the installation user and system account to be able to write to the DB. And finally removed an extra nic adapter used for internet access. It's going further now but I have another error: This can be solved by opening an admin session on SQL but I have an errormessage:
  10. I just created a lab with 1 AD server and 1 CM server hosting the SQL server service and wsus. After the install I want to upgrade to 2010 directly but I have some network/auth complications with the prerequisite check For some reason there's a 'GetFileSize' error on a file which seems to be related to the pt-BR language as everything is en-US based on the servers: I attached the logfiles. I enabled 'named pipes' I disabled all firewall But the prequisite check is still running How can I stop/restart this? CMUpdate.log distmgr.log
  11. @anyweb we are on CM 2006 with W10 1803 machines (planning to move to 1909) but the regional settings have to be changed to this: I tried by deploying a TS with an XML to the actual machines but this only works for the welcome screen and new user accounts, not for the actual already known users. This is an XML I deployed <gs:GlobalizationServices xmlns:gs="urn:longhornGlobalizationUnattend"> <!--User List--> <gs:UserList> <gs:User UserID="Current" CopySettingsToSystemAcct="true" CopySettingsToDefaultUserAcct="true" /> </gs:UserL
  12. Hi all, We are on 1803 and I'm trying by all means to finally have a working startmenu layout. For now it's not working and I tried almost everything. I don't see any other methods xcopy "Menu\LayoutMod.xml" "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell" /Q /Y /I powershell.exe Import-StartLayout -LayoutPath "Menu\Layout.bin" -MountPath $env:SystemDrive\ Powershell.exe Import-StartLayout -LayoutPath Menu\Taskbar.xml -MountPath $Env:SYSTEMDRIVE\ Powershell.exe Import-StartLayout -LayoutPath Menu\LayoutMod.xml -MountPath C:\ Nothing works and it blocks my
  13. Ok, I found some interesting reading at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/devices/hybrid-azuread-join-plan 🙂
  14. It's getting me at the general information site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise 🙄
×
×
  • Create New...