Jump to content




Ronvanloo

Established Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Ronvanloo

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Hello We have a strange problem at our SCCM 2012 CB 1806 ( for Windows 10 clients) environment. The SCCM server hosts a lot of App-V packages and a user can install these App-v packages using Software Center on a client device. The problem is the delay before the installation is ready. Sometime I have to wait voor almost 4 minutes. When we install the same package on our "older" SCCM 2012 R2 Sp1 (for Windows 8.1 clients) environment there is no delay. Within 5 secondes te installation is ready and application can start. The steps I did to solve the problem so far: - Update the App-v anti malware exclusions. - Uninstall all software on the endpoint, like SAP, AppSense\Ivanti etc. - Move the device to an OU in AD so no policy is active. - Disable Windows defender. None of these steps did solve the delay. When Ik look at the AppEnforce.log I see the Powershel commands executing without any error but with a delay. The only command which has no delay is the Publish-Appvclientpackage. I also used Powershell and entered the Powershell commands for installing and publish a App-V package. Then there is no delay at all. App-V packages install within 5 secondes. But when I use Software Center to install the same App-v package I have to wait almost 4 minutes. I tested this with several App-V packages. App-v packages created on a Windows 8.1 sequencer or App-v packages created on a Windows 10 sequencer. There is no difference. Installing an MSI package within Software Center had no delay. So at the moment I have no clue what is causing this problem. Regards, Ron
  2. okay but do I lose information when I reinstall the SUP?
  3. Thanks I checked ut these updates are installed on the SCCM server. Today I did some new research: Today I also changed the private memory pool memory, because this limit could also cause some problems. But again no solution. It doesn't matter which hotfix I install in what order. As soon one of these has been installe,d WSUS stops working. In the logging wsyncmgr.log I got the error: "Sync failed: WSUS server not configured. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details.. Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync" So I look in het WCM.log logging but there I don't see any errors. Another thing I noticed is in the SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER logging. If one of the hotfixes has been installed I only see the message: "WSUS Synchronisation started" and after 5-6 minutes the error message. If no problem hotfix has been installed I see the message: "WSUS Synchronisation started" but within a second I see the message: " WSUS Synchronization in progress. Current phase: Synchronizing WSUS Server" I only can conclude that WSUS starts up, attempts to communicate but fails. When I go to server manager (Windows Server Update Service Role) I can start synchronisation without anty error. But again SCCM WSUS doesn't notice this.
  4. Hello Last week I started to update the SCCM server with 15 Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 hotfixes. These hotfixes are release in the months April, May and June. The installation of these hotfixes was no problem but after the reboot I couldn't synchronize any updates. The SCCM server is version 2012 R2 CU3. As soon as I start the synchronization I open the SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER logging. I see a message: "WSUS Synchronization started" But after 5-6 minutes I got the message: "WSUS Synchronization failed. Message: WSUS server not configured. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details. Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync. The operating system reported error 2147500037: Unspecified error" The Microsoft updates causing this problem are: kb3161561, kb3146706, kb3149090, kb3153171. As soon as I uninstall these updates the problem is gone and the synchronization is working as expected. I can't find anything on the internet about these hotfixes and causing problems so maybe someone can tell me what here is going wrong. Thanks. Ron.
×