Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '2012 sp1'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Cloud
    • Azure
    • Microsoft Intune
    • Office 365
    • Windows 365
  • General Stuff
    • General Chat
    • Events
    • Site News
    • Official Forum Supporters
    • Windows News
    • Suggestion box
    • Jobs
  • MDT, SMS, SCCM, Current Branch &Technical Preview
    • How do I ?
    • Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
    • SMS 2003
    • Configuration Manager 2007
    • Configuration Manager 2012
    • System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)
    • Packaging
    • scripting
    • Endpoint Protection
  • Windows Client
    • how do I ?
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • windows screenshots
  • Windows Server
    • Windows Server General
    • Active Directory
    • Microsoft SQL Server
    • System Center Operations Manager
    • KMS
    • Windows Deployment Services
    • NAP
    • Failover Clustering
    • PKI
    • Hyper V
    • Exchange
    • IIS/apache/web server
    • System Center Data Protection Manager
    • System Center Service Manager
    • System Center App Controller
    • System Center Virtual Machine Manager
    • System Center Orchestrator
    • Lync
    • Application Virtualization
    • Sharepoint
    • WSUS

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL



Found 3 results

  1. Hi, all. Weird thing... Config Manager 2012, SP1. AD discovery and network discovery are both on. We've got a number of computers showing up twice in CM. For each of these, there's one instance that looks all fine and happy with successful deployments, etc; then there's another "bare-bones" kind of version with only a handful of properties actually populated. For the bare-bones copy of these: Some things match the active client, namely - MAC Address; IP Address; subnet; Resource Domain or Workgroup; Name; NETBIOS Name; AD, Agent, CM Assigned, CM Resident sites, Resource type (=System), and Decommissioned (=No) While other stuff differs - Agent Name = "SMS_NETWORK_DISCOVERY" (active client has this along with others) Creation Date is always well after the creation date of the "real" copy Resource ID is way different Resource Names = netbios name and FQDN, where active client only has FQDN here And the rest of the fields are usually empty, but not always. LastLogonTimeStamp is sometimes present - I'm guessing this is a case of the DB updating the field for the wrong instance. E.g. I'm looking at one now where the bare-bones copy has a Last Logon Timestamp of 18 August while the real copy is showing a Last Logon Timestamp back in April, right around the time the bad copy showed up. The real one has a last policy request from less than 10 minutes ago... What am i missing here that's causing these to show up? With only a few dozen, it's not a big deal for me to just go in and get rid of them manually, but I'd rather address the root cause. Pretty sure it's not a case of AD delta discovery+OSD looking for unknowns, which is about all I can google up in regards to duplicates, as these new copies showed up in mostly in July 2014 for systems that were either built from scratch or OSD'd and have been in AD for a year or more.
  2. I just stood up a SCDPM 2012 SP1 server and I am having an issue pushing an agent. I suspect that it is a firewall issue in the datacenter, between different subnets, but I am trying to verify that. I have been using a helpful guide that I found http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2012/02/06/data-protection-manager-agent-network-troubleshooting.aspx . I seem to be OK going from the DPM server to the computer I want to protect, but there seems to be an error communicating back. Should I have a successful WBEMTEST going from the protected server to the DPM server? That part fails. I pre-installed the agent to try and see if that was the issue, but it's still not working. ------------------------------------------------------------- Event Logs: On the DPM server: 1)In the DPM Alerts application Windows log - The agent operation failed because the DPM Agent Coordinator service on <to be protected server> did not respond: (ID: 324) 2)In the DPM console I get - Error - the protection agent operation on <to be protected server> failed because the servcie did not respond. One of the recommended actions is to look at the log on the protected server. On the protected server: 1)In the System logs - DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <DPM server> using any of the configured protocols. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Here is the firewall request I put through... does this communication look correct? Source: DPM / Target: Protected / Port TCP 135 Source: Protected / Target: DPM / Port RPC Dynamic 1024-65535 Allow bi-directional communication between the source DPM server to the target server on 5718/TCP, 5719/TCP, 445/TCP Let me know if I can provide anymore information
  3. hi, I am facing some problem in Primary site server 2012 SP1. We have 1 CAS and 1 Primary server. All the clients which are reporting to Primary are working fine including CAS server, but the local client of the Primary server is showing as NO on the devices and when we go control Panel, configuration manger -> Actions, only 2 Actions are showing but still site code discovery is successful. If we uninstall also its getting failed. Is there any special way to uninstall client from primary server..
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.