Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'auto apply driver'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Cloud
    • Azure
    • Microsoft Intune
    • Office 365
  • General Stuff
    • General Chat
    • Events
    • Site News
    • Windows News
    • Suggestion box
    • Jobs
  • MDT, SMS, SCCM, Current Branch &Technical Preview
    • How do I ?
    • Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
    • Official Forum Supporters
    • SMS 2003
    • Configuration Manager 2007
    • Configuration Manager 2012
    • System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)
    • Packaging
    • scripting
    • Endpoint Protection
  • Windows Client
    • how do I ?
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • windows screenshots
  • Windows Server
    • Active Directory
    • Microsoft SQL Server
    • System Center Operations Manager
    • KMS
    • Windows Deployment Services
    • NAP
    • Failover Clustering
    • PKI
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Windows Server 2012
    • Windows Server 2016
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Hyper V
    • Exchange
    • IIS/apache/web server
    • System Center Data Protection Manager
    • System Center Service Manager
    • System Center App Controller
    • System Center Virtual Machine Manager
    • System Center Orchestrator
    • Lync
    • Application Virtualization
    • Sharepoint
    • WSUS

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. We are running SCCM 2012 R2 with 1 CAS and 3 DP's. Starting approximately 3 weeks ago I started getting reports of computers failing OSD during driver provisioning with error code 0x80072ee2 (operation timed out). I cannot think of anything that changed during that time. The problems happens with any TS and only at the driver provision step. We are using auto driver provisioning and use categories to keep them organized. Here is what I have come up with so far: - I am able to ping the DP's during the TS failure. - The clients are able to see the DNS and DHCP servers. - I turned off antivirus and the firewall on the distribution point temporarily but this had no effect. - This is happening on several different models all of which have the proper drivers imported. - If I use driver packages then the TS finishes successfully. - All of our SCCM servers are virtual so I tried migrating DP2 to a different host but this had no change on the behavior. - I changed the Network Access account but saw no improvement. - I added the 2 variables SMSTSDownloadRetryCount and SMSTSDownloadRetryDelay as a work around so that the client will keep trying to get the drivers and this has helped but the underlying issue is still there. - Comparing the client SMSTS log and the MP_DriverMgr.log shows that the client sends a driver request and it is received by the DP. The DP executes a driver match but doesn't send a response back to the client for ~8 minutes. By that time the client has already failed the driver step with the Timed Out error. I have attached logs from the client and the DP. - This is only happening at Distribution Point 2. As a test, I changed our main boundary group to assign clients to Distribution Point 1 and imaged a couple computers. The computers looked to DP1 for drivers and DP executes the driver request and sends the response in under 2 minutes. I know that this confusing fast so if you have any questions just ask and I'll get more specific where needed. I have edited the hostnames out of the logs. SMSTSExample.log DP_DriverMGR.log
×
×
  • Create New...