Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'queue'.
Hi I have a problem that I have been trying to resolve, and am not having much luck so far - hopefully someone has an idea. In my infrastructure I have a bunch of printer queues that are published in AD, but they are orphaned as the printer server that they were associated with died unexpectedly, and we did not have chance to remove these published queues in print manager. If a user tries to add a new network printer, via the directory, an error is thrown that the printer cannot be connected to (obviously) Now I know that the printer pruner service that runs in AD should clean these queues as the print server is no longer available. But this is not happening. I have been into the DC GPO, and enabled the pruning service (even though "not configured" is enabled) I have reduced the time and number of retries before the printers are pruned The printer server is not in ADUC I have looked through our ADUC with ADSIEdit, and the server is not listed anywhere, so I cannot remove the queues via ADSIEdit The server is not in DNS or DHCP reservations I cannot add the printer server in printer manager Other fix's MS provide include making sure that the pruner has permissions to the printer queue - but I cant do this, as the propertied don't open, as the object does not really exist. It looks like the objects are in the AD database somewhere, but I have no idea where, or how to remove them. Domain functional level : 2003 4 x AD DC's 1 x Printer server 1 x dead printer server which has caused this issue Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas of where to go. Warren
I experienced the following error : User (firstname.lastname@example.org) The server has tried to deliver this message, without success, and has stopped trying. Please try sending this message again. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk. Diagnostic information for administrators: Generating server: dc1.domainPtyLtd.local email@example.com #550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired ## Here is the fix. a little background regarding the mail. I created a custom rule for users inside our company who uses a different mail account(ie firstname.lastname@example.org + email@example.com)so that their incoming and out going mail get routed via a custom receive connector. This caused me some major headaches because i was receiving the above mentioned error for about a week and no mail came into the system. Here is what i did. 1: I removed the custom rule and recreated with the following setup 2: I only enabled Anonymous users on the permissions. 3: Under scoping added the IP of the external mail profile 4: Inside XCH powershell add following command : Get-ReceiveConnector "External Frontend EX2013" | Add-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" -ExtendedRights "Ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient" After this my headache was gone. took a week but fixed my issue. Hope this helps you.
Just a post for those who wants to know this. I needed to remove old failed queue messages in Exchange 2013. If you need to do this here is the command:enter into exchange powershell. Get-Queue -id Submission | Get-Message | Remove-Message -WithNDR $false