Johnny_Eyebrows

Using USMT to migrate roaming profiles

Question

Hi all,

I previously asked a question about problems with a task sequence for an offline migration. Thank you AnyWeb for your assistance in that issue.

Various things pulled me away from the second part of that task (including an ongoing issue with the PXE service refusing to work at the moment...) but I want to ask a general query of the populous -

The organisation I work (a NHS Trust) for has ~5000+ useraccounts, which we need to try and migrate during our upgrade. These are roaming profiles that could potentially log on anywhere...

Fortunately, most of the folks in the trust tend to only use 1 or 2 computers, which makes it a bit easier, as the mig store for the computer is very likely to have their profile details

My question is -

With the non-admin roaming profiles, has anyone been able to set up an automated method to use loadstate from an elevated cmd prompt that will import the profile state from the migration store for the account that has logged onto the computer? I am currently checking about a vb script to pull the info required and then import it into the command line, but my resident coding guru is unavailable at this time

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet