joeman1881

WSUS Folder is massive

So I initially started deploying updates via SCCM packages. This works great for my machines that have the client installed, and are communicating correctly. In our environment we are currently using Deep Freeze on some machines so in those cases the client isn't correctly installed yet, thus these machines do not get updates. What I did is I configured WSUS as an update point to allow the techs to manually check for updates, and download from the server rather than MS Update. Well, 500GB later, I decided maybe I would change this setting so the machines look to WSUS for approval but still download offline. If I change this and delete the folder where all of these updates are, is this going to cause issues? I am trying to keep the drive size down on this server so I can do daily backups.

Any input?