joeman1881

Office Updates - Pre-deployment

How are you guys handling office updates pre-deployment. Right now I am deploying our copy of office 2013 directly from our MS Volume License because it activates via KMS. The problem is they don't keep this version up to date. So now when I deploy the application, it has 60+ updates. Has anyone found a work-around for this? I can't find a way to slipstream in updates like I can with offline management of .wim's.

Thanks in advance

So I was able to get this to work after removing it from the Distribution point, and repushing it out, then deploying to my test group. For some reason, the updates that were on SCCM are still available from the past were still showing up when I would check for updates via Control Panel > Windows Updates. The solution to the problem? Download Office with SP1 included and re-package that for deployment.

Going forward, if I want to add updates, do I just try to locate them in my WSUS folder and manually add them to my package "Updates" folder?

Do you use SUP?

Within SCCM I do. I was just receiving complaints from my techs because when they are installing a new build with office they have 65+ updates to do, 60 (roughly) of which are office. Another thing I thought about after repackaging was that even if I add the updates into the Updates folder of the install location, it still adds time to the install. If the updates are rolled into the software its no additional time.