satish1607

Re: Installation and Managaing of Client from Different subnets using SCCM

I am new to the SCCM 2012, Please solve my problem:

1. I installed SCCM 2012 R2 on Windows 2008 R2 with all the component like AD, DNS, DHCP, SQL SCCM server. This setup is working fine for package push, OSD task sequence etc.

2. I need to manage( OS deplyoment, Package push and task sequence) other client from different subnets How I can do this Please suggest

3. Do I need to install secondary site to manage different subnets If yes please suggest

I assume you want to PXE boot into OSD?

Easily done.

Setup a Distribution Point on the subnet's you want to get OSD working on. Be sure to enable the PXE Role. You need to create a boundary for that subnet and assign it to this distribution point. This will tell clients to look here for content & OSD installations.

No need for a secondary site, the other clients on the other subnet can still use the primary site you've created as a management point, and just get their content from the local DP