KuifJe

SCCM across untrusted forests

Question

Quick explanation of my test lab:

- 2 primary SCCM sites up and running (ABC and XYZ) with little to no problems

- I have a functional PKI infrastructure connected to the main site (ABC)

- I'm trying to link both sites in a parent - child setup (both primary sites) primarily to get the reporting of site XYZ to site ABC.

- Keys for both sites have been exchanged using the preinst /keyforparent and /keyforchild parameters.

The questions I'm struggling with:

- Can I use the PKI infrastructure from the ABC site to configure the XYZ site with the required certificates or can I use a seperate PKI environment from the XYZ site?

- What ports will be used between both sites? I've been ploughing through countless of Technet articles but haven't found a clear answer yet except that SMB is used for site to site communications.

- I'm getting both DNS and NETBIOS errors when configuring a new adress. When I configure the adress with a FQDN I get an error stating NETBIOS name resolution is failing and when I recreate the adress with the NETBIOS name I get an error stating the server cant find the FQDN.

Bright ideas and suggestions are all welcome :)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet