I have a Windows 2012 server running SCCM 2012 SP1 CU4. I use it primarily for Endpoint Protection and Windows Updates.

I have several Automatic Update Rules to deploy Endpoint definitions every night.

I was going through some of the Deployments (to check for errors and such) when I saw that almost all of them had errors. Under Monitoring --> Deployments I click on the Error tab and what I see is this: Last Enforcement Error Code: 0X80070643 and it was dated 5/7/2014. Also, it shows my compliance at only 6.0%.

My own PC was listed as having this error so I opened the System Center Endpoint Protection application. I clicked on the Update tab and it shows Up to date with "Definitions last updated: 5/11/2014."

Is this something I should worry about since the "successful" date is after the "error" date? On my client PC, I looked at the EndpointProtectionAgent.log file, but did not see any errors. Are there other log files I should look at to find more details about the error?

I also see this entry in the Event Viewer (under Event Viewer --> Windows Logs --> System):

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Definition Update for Microsoft Endpoint Protection - KB2461484 (Definition 1.173.1491.0).

There are other successful messages in the Event Viewer after that message. Maybe just something wrong with that particular update on that particular date??

Thanks in advance!