ljpsh

How to Remove a Distribution Point

Please note that I need HELP on the below. I don't know if these instruction are right or not. My post is asking for Advice, not giving advice. I really need to delete one of my current Distribution Points and don't want to until I get some type of confirmation that I am on the right track.

Does anyone have instructions on how to remove a distribution point from SCCM 2012 properly so that there are no hooks left? I cannot find instructions anywhere. Technet has instructions for 2007 but it seems very incomplete. Pretty much says that you remove the DP Role and that is it.

This is what I have so far and am not sure if I am on the right track or if I am missing anything.

Step 1 - Remove all Content from the DP you wish to delete. Applications, Packages, OS, Boot Images etc. (I can't figure out how to remove the Configuration Manager Client Package as it is greyed out.)

Step 2 - Go to Monitoring to make sure all content was removed.

Step 3 - If you are not going to reimage DP computer before reallocating, you must manually remove all distribution package folders and the SMSPKGSIG signature folder from the Distribution point computer.

Step 4 - Reallocate the Boundary Group assigned to this Distribution Point to another Distribution Point.

Step 5 - Remove the Distribution Point Role from the DP. (Not sure exactly what this does in the background. Does this clean up all the hooks?)

Step 6 - Remove any other role that might be added to this DP.

Step 7 - Delete the DP.

Please help. What am I missing or am I missing anything?