mpepprell

WSUS Updates not synchronizing fully with SCCM Console

Hey!

I have installed the Software Update Point role in SCCM 2012 R2 on a server running Windows Server 2012 R2. WSUS has been installed and configured by SCCM and WSUS has synchronized with Microsoft Update successfully, after a number of failures, as you will see in the logfile attached

In the WSUS console, there as 4,473 updates. In SCCM, there are only 339 updates, all of which are more than a year old

It is this that is confusing me, somewhat! I have attached the following log files from %programfiles%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs:

> WCM.log

> WSUSCtrl.log

> wsyncmgr.log

Note: the domain name has been replaced with domain.local

-- Matt

WCM.log

WSUSCtrl.log

wsyncmgr.log

You're getting all errors like this Failed to sync update 3331cb93-46b3-438c-a5f5-6eda6c76c50a. Error: The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and~~cannot be accepted. in you wsyncmgr.log. I've seen cases were this was related to not storing the files of WSUS locally (which can be configured during the install of WSUS).

I have just had a look at the total size of my WSUS directory, which is 2.70MB, so it would seem that the updates are not stored locally

In the WSUS Console -> Options -> Update Files and Languages is the following textbox:

Download update files to this server only when updates are approved

...which set to true. Would setting this to false effect SCCM?

-- Matt