edie209

error code 0x8007000 and 0x80004005

I have had SCCM2012 up and running great for about 2 years now. It is a VM running on Microsoft Hyper-V

This summer I upgraded our Hyper V cluster and things went a little pear shaped I have everything back and working as it was, except SCCM.

First of all the x86 boot disk was not available at my distribution point, I sorted this by deleting it and recreating and distributing it. However I am now getting an error at the applying OS stage of the task sequence the error is 0x8007000. With lots of reading I have been pointed to the Network Access Account, but no luck here I have tried a new account, and also a domain admin account and both fail, I have tried the "Allow clients to connect anonymously" in Distribution Point Properties with no luck.

looking at smsts log files I see these errors

RegQueryValueExW failed for Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence, SMSTSEndProgram TSManager 12/08/2014 10:20:03 1468 (0x05BC)
GetTsRegValue() failed. 0x80070002. TSManager 12/08/2014 10:20:03 1468 (0x05BC)
Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005 TSManager 12/08/2014 10:20:03 1468 (0x05BC)
I have include the files hoping that someone can point me in the right direction

smsts.log

smsts-1.log

I think I may have made some progress. I figured that the issue was the OS installer that it was failing on so I removed it from my distribution point and then redistributed it and I have got further but failing on a driver package.

My thoughts and I am not sure yet as I have to investigate further is that the cluster crash has caused some corruption to my distribution point. Is there a way I can remove everything that has been distributed and re distribute them or do I have to do every one individually?

I was reading this post http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5686-problem-with-distribution-point-in-sccm2012/?p=22119 and I think that is what has happen to me there are references on the C:\ drive how I am not sure. So I need to get everything back to how it was. So I need some advice on the best way forward

I have fixed this issue and here is what I did.

I think that when sccm came back online after the cluster upgrade it didn't see the D:\ drive and because of this referenced the c:\ drive because of this. First of all I was getting x86 boot disk was not available at my distribution point, I sorted this by deleting it and recreating and distributing it. But this was still looking at C:\ and when I came to the "applying OS stage" of the task sequence the error was 0x8007000. I went down the route of thinking it was a permission issue when it was actually unable to find the files.

I realised that the references were all a bit messed up after quite alot of head scratching I read about creating blank txt file called NO_SMS_ON_DRIVE.SMS on the root of the drive on which you don't want any packages created so I did this and renamed the folders SMSSIG$ to SMSSIG$-old, SMSPKGSIG to SMSPKGSIG-old, SCCMContentLib to SCCMContentLib-old, SMSPKGC$ to SMSPKGC$-old, all of which had been created on the C:\ drive, and rebooted the server thinking all would now be ok.

On reboot nothing worked again I was getting x86 boot disk was not available at my distribution point, I sorted this again by deleting it and recreating and distributing it. But no matter what I tried I could not get past the "applying OS stage" of the task sequence the error was still 0x8007000.

Then it came to me in IIS my site was still looking to C:\ I changed this and now all is working again.

I hope this might help someone else if you find yourself in a similar situation :)