ChasnDave

SCCMContentLib on Primary Server

Hi all,

Before I begin thanks for all the help this site as provided over the years. We've previously built a SCCM 2007 and now going live with our 2012 installation thanks to the help of the guides and various forum posters over the years.

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice regarding the SCCMContentLib folder on our SCCM Primary server.

Every time we add in an image file or application this folder increases in size. I was under the impression that since we have separate physical Distribution point servers, we wouldn't need a large amount of disk space on the primary server, however this doesn't seem to be the case, as eberytime we add and or distribute something to one of our 4 DP's the space on the Primary server is used up.

The problem is we're limited to the space we have on the primary server as it's expensive disk space. Is it the fact that I have the management point role on the Primary server that is causing this? Or is it the Application Catalogue role? Or is this just the way SCCM works?

For info we did once have a distribution point role on the Primary server for testing but this has since been removed. I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with it?

Below is a list of roles that our primary server currently provides:

Application Catalogue Web Service Point

Application Catalogue WebSite Point

Component Server

Fallback Status Point

Management Point

Site Server

Site System

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

regards,

Chris

Hi,

It is just the way SCCM 2012 works ;-) All content will be placed on the Primary site server and then sent from there to the DP's,

So yes you will see all the content there, You could add a "cheaper" disk to your primary site server and move the SCCMContentLib to that disk using the tool: http://blogs.technet.com/b/neilp/archive/2013/01/08/configuration-manager-2012-sp1-content-library-transfer.aspx

Regards,
Jörgen

• Like 2