SCCMNoobster

BYOD Wireless

Hey Guys,

I have recently taken over a Network Administrator type roll at a school and we are in the middle of going BYOD. We have staff byod working and 1 year group also working. Im currently trying to get more year groups up and running.

What I have done is copied the NPS for the year 12 and renamed it to year 11 changing only the IP address it would get and the AD account it auths too. I then created the IP scope in DHCP (basically copied the year 12 scope and changed the ip to match the nps. I then added the vlan into the core switch exactly then same as the year 12 settings except for different IP's and then also did the same to the switch that has the AP i am currently testing out with.

If I have my user with a member of year 12 it works but when i set it to year 11 it says authenticating and sometimes obtaining IP address but never works. Sometimes it will connect with limited connection and a 169 ip. In the logs for my NPS server it says that it is accepted and is given Full Access with the correct nps profile.

Is there something im missing? Ive been over the settings of the NPS/DHCP/Switches a million times and im sure those settings are the same as the one that's working, im quote stumped.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Miike