lappy

Help me to understand SCUP

Hi,

I've imported some Adobe updates to SCUP console. Does this mean that I shouldn't manually import it again and again, when the latest updates from Adobe will be avalaible? Or the latest Adobe updates should be appear in SCCM automatically?

Sequence of events from a SCUP perspective are;

1). Catalog import into SCUP (manual task)

2). Publish the updates you wish to appear in the SCCM console (manual task)

3). A full synchronization of your WSUS catalog needs to take place for them to appear (this occurs on the schedule you have defined in your Software Update Point settings)

4). They appear in SCCM and are deployable to SCCM 2012 client machines.

In order for an SCCM 2012 client to install any SCUP updates you need to have some pre-requisites in place;

a). The "WSUS Publishers Self-Signed" certificate needs to be exported from the WSUS server

'b). The above certificate needs to be installed on all client machines that you wish to install SCUP updates on in the following certificate stores; Trusted Root Certification Authorities and Trusted Publishers

c). A registry key needs to be created on each client machine that you wish to install SCUP updates on. This key is created in the following location; HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate and the value is a DWORD type called "AcceptTrustedPublisherCerts" and give it a value of 1

d). The Windows Update service on the client needs to be then restarted in order for the changes to take effect.

You should now be able to deploy a SCUP update to the CM12 client machine. Easy, huh?

You should now be able to deploy a SCUP update to the CM12 client machine. Easy, huh?

Thanks! I 've did it in my production environment.

In c), instead of editing registry key, I've changed this preference within Gpo - > Windows Update preferences.

So - there are no abilities and tools to automatically import, approve and deploy Adobe updates, I've understand that. Too bad :(