epoch71

Unable to find content after package install

Hi

In our OSD TS I've switched to using packages, rather than applications, as we've been experiencing the issue described in this thread.

The OSD TS completes successfully now, which is great. However, I've run into a problem with some specific MSI packages that are in our TS.

They're the Microsost Office Interactive Guides (which will assist our users in the move to Office 2010). When launched for the first time they appear to require the install MSI for a one-time user specific install. Consequently, we get the error "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". It appears to be looking in C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\<package ID> for some content, and clearly that folder is no longer present once the OSD TS has completed. There's nothing for these packages in the C:\windows\ccmcache folder.

The program for this package runs the following command line:

msiexec.exe /i "<msi>" /qn

I've tried adding ALLUSERS=2 to see if a per-machine install made any difference, but it didn't. It still looks for the MSI on first run, for each user.

Thanks in advance for any advice on how I can resolve this issue.

(We're using SCCM 2012 SP1 CU3.)

What would happen if you were to make a package that copies whole .msi(or a whole installation) to a user computer and then maybe the error would not happnen.