Danie

Update Failed to Install - SCCM

Dear All,

I have deployed updates to the client machine till deadline reached all machines were in IN PROGRESS and all of them have downloaded the updates, So it was fine up to this but when deadline reached and installation started most of the machine failed to install the updates and appeared in Error state, further digging in to this i saw there were few updates were failed on many machines.

One of my client machine on which updates were failed i just click install and installation completed successfully and machine became complaint. So my question is that

How these failed update will be installed automatically? Do i have to change any settings in configuration manager to reinstall it?

Kindly find attached snapshot for further reference.

Waiting for your response.

post-25316-0-61136300-1414650138_thumb.jpg

post-25316-0-17038800-1414650140_thumb.jpg

post-25316-0-37125300-1414650141_thumb.jpg

First of all check the client log files for more information. For a list of all the log files see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh427342.aspx

Second during the next re-evaluation of the software updates it's should notice that specific updates are still required.

Got some Client Logs files but there was no any generic error related to failure of updates.

After that simply i ran all the cycles from configuration manager client and updates started installation?

How can i initiate the cycles remotely or when second re-evaluation will be running?