Keslaa

Run Command Line for .CMD File

I've been looking but can't find a solution to my issue. I have a .CMD that resides locally on the hard drive and I want to simply kick it off. I have entered the command like this:

C:\<Folder>\<Sub-Folder>\<Name>.CMD

This is rebooted to the installed operating system.

The CMD file isn't running. If I want to run a .CMD through a command line, is there any special verbiage I need? Do I need to declare the starting directory in both the command line and the Start In Folder box? Should I be using a Task Sequence variable and, if so, which one?

This command runs through many configurations and can only take place AFTER a bunch of applications have been installed so when I need to test a change in this, it usually is about 90 minutes between takes. I have run into this before but my work-around was to create and compile a script and then deploy via packages. Thank you for your time.

Is this in a task sequence environment?

I've got some running in mine, I always just use a "run command line" and then enter:

cmd /c c:\support\runme.cmd

I found that if I didn't use cmd /c the dosbox would remain open in the background and eventually halt the task sequence.

If dealing with flat files like this, you could also try creating a self extractor in Winrar and set the "run after extraction" to the extracted location of your cmd file.