shahid

Sccm 2007 client installation on non-domain clients

Question

hello,

i need some help on sccm 2007 ,

i am not able to get collections for clients which are NOT IN DOMAIN (workstation ) and those clients which are in domain as no issues , is ther anything to be done on client or server

your quick response will be highly appricated

Thanks,,

8 answers to this question

i am not able to get collections for clients which are NOT IN DOMAIN (workstation ) and those clients which are in domain as no issues , is ther anything to be done on client or server

I was reading your initial question again and I was wondering what exactly the problem is?

Do you get the machines in sccm, but not in a special collections? Or don't you get them in sccm at all?

i need to install sccm client on the computers which are in workgroup ....pc which are in domain are working fine........do not have wins server installed...so how can i go ahead

Well it took some searching, but then I found this: http://blogs.technet.com/smsandmom/archive/2008/03/06/configmgr-2007-client-push-installation-method-in-a-workgroup.aspx

--> It is just not supported to do a Client Push Installation on a Workgroup, which makes sense as you have to configure a installation account (which is almost always a domain account).

Well it took some searching, but then I found this: http://blogs.technet.com/smsandmom/archive/2008/03/06/configmgr-2007-client-push-installation-method-in-a-workgroup.aspx

--> It is just not supported to do a Client Push Installation on a Workgroup, which makes sense as you have to configure a installation account (which is almost always a domain account).

Hi,

I am also trying to install SCCM Client on Work group Servers.

I'm able to ping the SCCM Server and the client server with FQDN and NetBIOS.

I have tried to install the client using a command line specifing my MP, SLP and SCCM Server name but still having no luck with the installation.

I have gone one more step ahead by adding the MP,SLP and SCCM Server name in lmhosts file but still unable to succeed with the installation.

Is there something else which i need to do to get the client installed on the Work group Servers.