spelaben

Client install fails during OSD

Hi,

OS Deployment usually works without any issues for us. Sometimes (like 1 out of 15 deployments) the SCCM client will not install correctly and the system will boot up without any applications. That's okay, we just restart it and it works on the second attempt.

Lately however, I discovered an issue with a certain model (Lenovo R500): The SCCM client configuration fails every time (reproducible!).

Here are some answers to questions some of you might probably consider asking. :)

- We are using diskpart /clean at the start of every task sequence

- The system is domain joined before the SCCM client install step

- Jason Sandys ConfigMgrStartup Script (client health GPO) is active

- Client push install is active

- The BIOS is up to date

- These are our setup parameters during OSD: SMSMP=*FQDN* CCMEVALHOUR=12 PATCH="\\*FQDN*\hotfixes\configmgr2012ac-r2-kb3026739-x64.msp"

- I tried installing newer network card drivers during the OSD in case the old drivers suddenly can't handle it any more but that also didn't improve the situation

I thought maybe the GPO or the client push are interfering with the setup while running the OSD, but that also happens if the GPO is disabled. Also, the client push install never interfered with the OSD before and I don't think that it suddenly would.

I attached the ccmsetup.log and client.msi.log, I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at the logfiles and identify any potential issue that I'm not seeing.

Thank you!

logs.zip