MichaelAT

PXE Network boot doesnt work! (WDS)

Question

Hello there!

I just tried to configure WDS on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Well, at first, some Informations:

• I have 1 Server where Active Directory, DNS and DHCP is implemented. This Server has the IP 192.168.12.10
  • I have 1 Server where only WDS is implemented. This Server has the IP 192.168.12.11
  • I have 1 Client which is already prepared with Sysprep. This Client has a DHCP IP 192.168.1.3

What I have done already:

• The WDS has been configured with the option "Integrated with Active Directory"
  • On WDS: Boot Image and Capture Images has been created
  • Client: Sysprep (Generalize) has been done and the Client has been shutted down
  • On DHCP i have configured Option 66 with 192.168.12.11 (WDS) and Option 67 with boot\x64\wdsnbp.com

After that, I have changed in the Hyper-V 2012 Settings the Boot Options, to a "Network Boot". Thereafter, I have started the Client again and everything has been downloaded fine, but then at the End, there is a Failure Message, as you can see below:

post-29303-0-20450800-1428314495_thumb.png

I dont know, where is the Problem! :unsure:

Hopefully, there is anybody out there, who can help me as quick as possible?? :(

Cheers,

Michael

2 answers to this question

No I have solved the Problem. I've forgot to activate the DHCP Option 60 (PXEClient).

But now I got a failure message from the Windows Boot Manager (192.168.12.11), that the uefi has a problem.

Does anybody know the problem and the regarding solution?