firstcom

Site in maintenance mode, replication failing.

Hi,

We have a CAS (FCC) and a Primary Site (HQ1).

Our primary site has all of a sudden gone into maintenance mode, and I can't figure out how to resolve the issue.

After looking at Google, I found that I needed to look at rcmctrl.log due to a failed replication between our CAS and Primary server. In that log, the only thing that stands out is a message that states:

Error: Replication group "Asset Intelligence Knowledge Base" has failed to initialize for subscribing site HQ1, setting link state to Error. $$<SMS_REPLICATION_CONFIGURATION_MONITOR><07-27-2015 10:16:33.489+300><thread=4664 (0x1238)>
Can anyone help me figure out how to resolve this and get things working again? We really need full access to our ConfigMgr environment.
Thank you!

The AI is only installed on the CAS. ConfigManager doesn't even let you install it on the primary. I even tried to remove the role completely from the CAS to see if that would help since we don't fully use ConfigManager for AI, but it's still giving a database replication error.

You don't need a AI point on any primary except the CAS.