RyanS

StatusAgentProxy.dll failed to register

So recently I upgraded my SCCM 2012 R2 to SP1. I have a single site server with one DP over a wan link. The update went fine with no problems...until I tried installing the new client. I am getting this error every time for any pc that I use, all Windows 7:

Module C:\windows\CCM\StatusAgentProxy.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024703

This error happens to client installs done manually or via task sequence. During the install I do see C:\windows\ccm with (I believe) all the necessary files. This all gets removed after the above error happens.

I have done a lot of research on this error and all the solutions are geared towards the client side. In my case the only thing that changed was on my primary server, the SP1 update. Can you help me understand why this is happening?

Things I have already tried and have not worked:

- I have tried to replace the msvcr100.dll but it has failed so far. I have used both the 755k and 809k sizes of the file.

- I have reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update. I have removed all versions of MS Visual C++, installed this update, then run the client setup again with no results. I also rebooted in between installations.

Anyone ever find a solution to this?

One of my (many) current problems with Windows 10 and SCCM is very similar.

If I use a WinPE v10.0.10586.0 boot image to deploy my Windows 10 OSD Task Sequence then the CM Package fails to install at the Setup Windows and Configuration Manager step. The msi logs show that the problem is caused by a failure to register StatusAgentProxy.dll. This happens every time (well over a dozen attempts now).

I am also unable to install the CM agent once Windows 10 is then booted, each time getting the same error about StatusAgentProxy.dll.

Everything on the web indicates VC++ 2008, but installing various versions of this makes no difference, and it isn't required on clients that DO successfully install the CM Client.

Now interestingly if I use a WinPE v6.3.9600.16384 boot image to deploy the same Windows 10 Task Sequence then the CM Package successfully installs, with no issues.

I'm utterly confused by this and it seems to make no logical sense - why would the boot image used affect the capability of installing the client in Windows itself!? I have other issues with using WinPE 6, so am desperate to get WinPE 10 working.

For info I have tried building the WinPE 10 boot image at least 6 times in various ways (MDT in SCCM, script, removing/adding extra components etc) but every time I get the StatusAgentProxy.dll error.

Totally :wacko:

Hi Olie,

Did you find a solution to this?

I've just come across the same issue in our environment - and really want to upgrade to the latest Boot Image.

Anyone ever find a solution to this?

One of my (many) current problems with Windows 10 and SCCM is very similar.

If I use a WinPE v10.0.10586.0 boot image to deploy my Windows 10 OSD Task Sequence then the CM Package fails to install at the Setup Windows and Configuration Manager step. The msi logs show that the problem is caused by a failure to register StatusAgentProxy.dll. This happens every time (well over a dozen attempts now).

I am also unable to install the CM agent once Windows 10 is then booted, each time getting the same error about StatusAgentProxy.dll.

Everything on the web indicates VC++ 2008, but installing various versions of this makes no difference, and it isn't required on clients that DO successfully install the CM Client.

Now interestingly if I use a WinPE v6.3.9600.16384 boot image to deploy the same Windows 10 Task Sequence then the CM Package successfully installs, with no issues.

I'm utterly confused by this and it seems to make no logical sense - why would the boot image used affect the capability of installing the client in Windows itself!? I have other issues with using WinPE 6, so am desperate to get WinPE 10 working.

For info I have tried building the WinPE 10 boot image at least 6 times in various ways (MDT in SCCM, script, removing/adding extra components etc) but every time I get the StatusAgentProxy.dll error.

Totally :wacko: