Animine

Error 80070002 during task sequence

Hi there,

been lurking around this forum for over a year now and it has really helped me out a lot, but I've stumbled upon an issue that I have not been able to get resolved. I have a SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU1 server up and running on Windows Server 2012 and I run into the following error when I initiate my task sequence through PXE on a client machine:

"Failed to run the action: Apply Operating System. The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows)"

I have made sure that any related files have been distributed onto the distribution point, but still keep getting this error. I have attached the log file which I got from the command prompt via F8 in the WindowsPE whilst troubleshooting.

Anyone knows how this error can be resolved?

Thanks & regards!

Lionell

smsts1.log

I've seen this if you have any network hiccups when it is trying to download the OS Wim - network drops and you get this error. Also you may want to check your network access account and make sure it has the proper access.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/6274-how-to-set-proper-user-rights-permissions-for-sccm-2012s-service-accounts/

I've seen this if you have any network hiccups when it is trying to download the OS Wim - network drops and you get this error. Also you may want to check your network access account and make sure it has the proper access.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/6274-how-to-set-proper-user-rights-permissions-for-sccm-2012s-service-accounts/

Thanks for the tip, but I'm using my domain admin account for this, which used to work in the past.