firstcom

ConfigManager not obeying maintenance window

Hi,

We're running into an issue where deployed applications are being downloaded (but not installed) before they are supposed to. Maintenance windows are configured and the applications are not set to disobey the maintenance windows, but we're seeing network traffic spike and applications being downloaded according to CITaskmgr.log.

What could be causing this to happen?

Like Peter is saying, that's the default behavior. It's rather better to have the clients at their "random" time (what I mean by that is that not all clients will refresh their machine policy at the same time) download the content, than after the deadline during a maintenance window all of them would download at the same time.

Peter,

The problem is when PCs are shut down, etc... You can only set a single "available" time/date. So while that'll work in a perfect world where all PCs are powered on, if some PCs are powered on the next day then I don't want that traffic pulling during business hours.

Wake-on-LAN is not an option.

I don't want it deploying (transferring, installing, or ANYTHING) during the day.

How do I achieve this?

That's normal behavior, the maintenance windows are to prevent the installation and the restart. If you don't want anything to happen yet, you should make it available later (deployment scheduling).