Timpey

Advice on setting up a Win 7 Server from Scratch

Question

Hello all,

First post on the forums after googling some questions about creating an unattended Windows 7 build and found a couple of brilliant articles on here :)

I am relatively new to all of this although I do have broken knowledge of deploying Windows XP but more from a support perpective rather than installing from the group up.

I do have the benefit of being about to do a clean setup using the latest version of kit with no legacy stuff - yet!

Could anyone tell me exactly what I need to get a build fully deploying? I can google around for exact information on each part but I need to know versions, software and the order everything needs to be done. I know this sounds a lot but it could be very brief as I know some but not how it links together.

i.e.

Install Server 2008 SP2 R2

Install Active Directory

Install SQL 2008 (version)

Install SCCM 2007 SPwhatever

Everything has to be done in an order otherwise certain bits will not work, just looking for a bit of info before I start to have a play around - thanks.

P.S. I have access to technet so software pointers would be a help :)

P.S. What a great find this forum is :)

1 answer to this question