Config_Mgr_noob

SCCM 2012 R2 Upgrade to SP1 PreReq Error

Hi All,

I am currently attempting to upgrade my SCCM 2012 R2 to R2 SP1. During the prereq scan I receive 2 warnings referring to SQL Server security mode and SQL Server process memory allocation along with a 3rd warning for Verify site server permissions to publish to Active Directory. That is all that appears in the prereq details windows. However, within the ConfigMgrSetup.log file I see several errors that are referring "WARNING: Failed to initialize COM to get SDK Providers. It might already be initialized. return code: 80010106." as well as several errors referring to CWmi Namespace.

Can anyone shed light on the screenshot below? Should I continue the upgrade and disregard the errors or is this a concern? Thanks in advance.

post-22069-0-68471400-1452128630.png

post-22069-0-36896400-1452128913.png

Regarding the Active Directory you really should take care of this one.

AD prerequisites:

Very important: Just follow the link and run the steps by steps: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712264.aspx#BKMK_PrepAD

Regarding the SQL warnings:

Very important: I would adjust the memory instance allocation to 8192 Mb just to start. Limit to whatever value you think it's needed. Leave at least 2 or 3 Gb of memory free for the operating system.

Wise: regarding the SQL authentication you could disable the mix mode authentication or not... I don't know if you have others applications that are using other authentication method.

Thank you ZeZe for the link and info regarding AD and SQL. I have to follow up with my admin to verify permissions to the container; I'm sure it already has full perm but doesn't hurt to check.

However, what you think about the errors I am receiving within the ConfigMgrSetup.log? Anything I should worry about? I have already attempted to upgrade this box to SP1 before but received a huge error and SCCM was not functioning. I had to submit a Microsoft CSS call to recover my site and rather not go through all that again.

If the permissions are not there, the wizard will always tell you that something is missing (warning as you already noticed). Make sure also that Active directory is replicated...

Regarding the log, it doesn't tell me much but in general looks like a connection problem? Could be related with the firewall policies? If you have a firewall turned on, make sure the SQL ports are "allowed".