Scott

Issue deploying XP SP3 Remotely (0x80070002)

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to remotely reimage a device that currently has the ConfigMgr client installed on it. I have followed the instructions on this forum, and I'm not sure where it's going wrong. Before starting the imaging process i tested my boot images and ensured that i had network connectivity from them.

I assign a device to the Build and Capture XP collection and the device restarts into the windows PE environment, it then begins to format the C: Drive and i get the following error

Task Sequence: Build and Capture XP SP3 has failed with the error code (0x80070002). For more information please contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator

UNfortunately, when this happens i am unable to boot the PC properly and have to reimage the device through another method (Ghost) when it works successfully.

Can you shed any light on where this may be going wrong??

Many Thanks

Scott

Edit: From research it seems that this error code is basically, cannot find the specified file? I have updated the distribution point, and check the logs to ensure its updated before running the task - no difference though. Just to confirm, when in the WinPE environment i can ping the dp.

Edited by Scott

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm having another issue with this now, the OS Deploys without any issues however it still fails to capture with the error:

Task sequence: Build and Capture XP SP3 has failed with the error code (0x00000004). For more information, please contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator.

I have checked and the Network Access account has permission over the share, and it can see it and connect to it etc...

Can anyone shed any light on this one?

Thanks

Scott

OK, this is sorted now also.

THe first problem, was using the older version of sysprep, i had to extract the deploy.cab from the XP SP3 Slipstreamed CD. This however gave me another error 0x00004005

In our sysprep I had a line for building the mass storage drivers, as a back up to SCCM injecting them itself. Removed this line and it resolved the issue.

As i type this it is capturing the WIM, so fingers crossed it will complete!