firstcom

Wake On LAN not working for re-occurring deployments

Hi all,

I've noticed an issue in our SCCM environment with wake-on-lan. I was able to get this implemented and working in our environment. If I run a task and choose "send wake-up packets" with a time of "as soon as possible", it will successfully wake the PCs. However, if I conduct a deployment on a re-occurring schedule, it doesn't ever wake the PCs up on the schedule. In this case, I set up a deployment with "send wake-up packets" enabled and to run on a daily re-occurring schedule at 7 am. It is set to "always re-run" -- but nothing happens. The PCs remain powered off.

Can anyone explain this, assist, or provide guidance?

Thank you!

I think so, it should wake-on-lan the computers if it's like you said: always re-run; occurs every day or every 7 days;

What does the WOL logs tell you? There must be something I guess... Maintenance windows, do you have any? if yes, if assignment time is reached, are you allowing this deployment to run the "software installation"? I guess this could be the only thing that could hold the wake...

Hey ZeZe,

I do have maintenance zones set, but the deployment was configured to allow software installations outside of maintenance zones.

I think so, it should wake-on-lan the computers if it's like you said: always re-run; occurs every day or every 7 days;

What does the WOL logs tell you? There must be something I guess... Maintenance windows, do you have any? if yes, if assignment time is reached, are you allowing this deployment to run the "software installation"? I guess this could be the only thing that could hold the wake...

I set 24 hour maintenance zones on these collections to see if it would have any kind of impact - unfortunately not. A re-occurring daily deployment at 7am does not wake up the PCs. But if I create a new deployment to run "as soon as possible" then it works. I've even tried creating a new re-occurring deployment and it doesn't wake the PCs up.

I'm thoroughly confused at why this won't work.