sumyun

Current Branch 1602 - w/ Primary site on 2008 R2 host and remote SUP - Windows 10 Servicing

Quick summary of our environment:

Standalone Primary site

P01 Windows Server 2008 R2 - Primary site server, site database server, WSUS DB

MP1 Windows Server 2012 R2 - Management Point, SUP Sync with Microsoft

MP2 Windows Server 2012 R2 - Management Point, SUP sync with MP1

We have upgraded to CB 1602 recently, and are planning in progress to perform an in-place OS upgrade of the primary site server, as it is officially supported by Microsoft now.

In the meantime, I want to know if anyone has similar experience, and able to get Windows 10 Servicing to work with similar configuration. I did have a lab with similar configuration, however I created a new Windows 2012 R2 host to perform a disaster recovery test, no longer have the Windows 2008 R2 host server to test this scenario. In the lab, after the site recovery, I have to enable WSUS console on the primary site server, and apply the WSUS patch on all three servers in order to get Windows 10 Servicing to work properly.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

*Couple months ago, I did check with Microsoft, obvious reply is that it is not a supported configuration.