mtpcal922

Automatic Client upgrade to servers

I’ve upgraded to 1602 and everything went well. This past weekend though all of the servers have upgraded their client to the latest version. I have “Do not upgrade servers” checked in the Client Upgrade tab in the Hierarchy Settings Properties and also have “servers” unchecked in the Client Push Installation Properties. Any ideas on where to check why the clients are upgrading?

Yes, but install on servers is unchecked. In the ccmsetup.log on a server that updated there is an entry on Aug. 7 "Params to send '5.0.8355.1003 Deployment auto-upgrade is skipped on server'", and the server didn't upgrade, however on Aug 21, they all started the upgrade. All that I did for Aug 21 was to deploy August's patch Tuesday updates to my test group, which included 34 test servers.

No I don't have software update client installation enabled. Anything that has to do with automatic deployment of the client to servers has been disabled. My servers have never received the client or client upgrades unless it was manually installed to them. This worked fine until Aug 21, when the started updating the clients on their own.