JuanInIT

Extensions for Microsoft Intune - No items found

Hi all,

Im running SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU2. I've recently configured Intune for MDM, which has been seamless except for one issue. There are no extensions showing in the Extensions for Microsoft Intune section.

My AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller log file isn't showing any issues. I don't have a FeatureExtensionsInstaller log file. I have deleted and recreated the Roles and removed the Intune subscription a couple of times.

Is there a way to manually force an install of the Extensions? I've been racking my brain and trying to search all over the web for the answer, but haven't been about to find a solution. Thanks!

AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Start extracting command line:E:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe /Q SiteServerName=XXXXXXXXXX
DateTime=2016-09-15T20:27:16.6928719Z
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : argument:/Q found, set to quiet mode
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : argument:SiteServerName=XXXXXXX found, setup wmi connection
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Successfully extracted command line: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe /Q SiteServerName=XXXXX
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe will ApplyExtensions for console on this machine connecting to Wmi=XXXXXXX in Quiet mode.
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Start checking if there are admin console processes running.
DateTime=2016-09-15T20:27:16.7084809Z
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Successfully connect to server: XXXXXXXXX
DateTime=2016-09-15T20:27:17.0990968Z
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Successfully created ExtensionWmiSource with site server name:XXXXXXX
DateTime=2016-09-15T20:27:17.0990968Z
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Applying Extensions...
DateTime=2016-09-15T20:27:17.1950445Z
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Executing the query SELECT UniqueId, FeatureId, FeatureVersion, State FROM SMS_CFDFeature WHERE State = 20
DateTime=2016-09-15T20:27:17.1950445Z
AdminUI.ExtensionInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Extension Installer successfully finished:ApplyExtensions
DateTime=2016-09-15T20:27:17.4116417Z

It turns out that for SCCM 2012 R2 SP1, these 'extensions' have been integrated into SCCM, and are no longer viewable in Extensions for Windows Intune. I did try to research what was going on, but didn't find anything explaining this. At least nothing that I interpreted as explaining the change.

Hi Juan,

Thank you for the information.

According to this article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn574730.aspx#BKMK_EnableExtensions

Extensions for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Email Profiles extension

•iOS 7 and iOS 8 Security Settings extension

•Windows Phone 8.1 extension

•Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer extension

•Conditional Access extension

NOTE:

If you are using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1, the above extensions have been integrated into the product and no longer appear in the Extensions for Microsoft Intune node of the Configuration Manager console.

In another word, the email and iOS extensions will not show in the CM Console. The article above also list other extensions that will show up in CM Console.

Hi Juan,

Extensions for Microsoft Intune is just to enable features from Intune to CM Console. It’s not a place to configure any policies.

The email profiles (for example) extension is already integrate into the product so that admin does not have to go through the process to enable the feature in CM Console. This article will explain how to configure and deploy email profiles in Config Manager https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn554228.aspx