blind3d

Add a language pack to Win 8.1

Hello everybody,

I tried to stick to the following guide how to add a language pack for Win 8.1 although it is for Win 10

https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/14059-how-can-i-install-windows-10-language-packs-offline-with-an-mdt-integrated-task-sequence-in-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch/

Obviuosly I missed sth but I don't know what tbh...

I definitely picked the correct cab-File as I installed it manually before.

Taking a look at the smsts.log shows those steps are simply ignored as it seems :(

I would also like to try this solution cause it looks quite easier :)

http://blog.coretech.dk/mip/install-os-language-during-osd-the-easy-way-part-1inject-language-files/

Althoug part 2 is missing I assume that I would have to create an unattend.xml and add it to the Apply Operating System step. Would that work as well?

Find the task sequence attached sorted in screenshots only showing the important steps + smstslog. I hope you don't mind that I didn't export the TS.

Thanks for your help!

PS: I'm not pretty familiar with MDT..

UPDATE: Using the second way always ends up with Windows asking which language to choose. If I add the unattend.xml I always end up in black screen only seeing the mouse pointer.. ideas? :(

Win81TS.zip