Config_Mgr_noob

SCCM 1511 Upgrade to 1610 - Fail Prereq

Hello,

I recently upgraded my primary site to 1511. I'm trying to continue upgrade the site using the built in "Updates and Servicing" tool. After running the prereq, I keep getting a failed message below. Now I checked my Default Client Settings for the NAP and it has already been enabled.

Not sure what I'm missing here but can anyone shed some light to this? I feel like it might be a simple answer that I'm overlooking here.

Thank you in advance.

post-22069-0-99067800-1484692306.png

I don't see any issue popping up within the ConfigMgrPrereq.log. However, I was able to perform the initial 1602 upgrade from within the console. Not sure if I have to go in order from 1511 and onwards but I thought we could skip a few builds and go directly to the latest 1610 build? I did see some errors within the main ConfigMgrSetup.log file.

Do you foresee an issue with this moving forward?

post-22069-0-30023400-1484744445.png

Hey anyweb,

I was able to upgrade my site to 1602 with both hotfix (KB3155482 and KB3174008). However, when I try to upgrade to 1606, I get prereq check failed. I took a screenshot of the ConfigMgrPrereq.log below. When I go into the Site Servicing Status, it gives me the same error as before regarding the NAP for the Default Client Settings. I checked it again and it is still enabled.

Any ideas to try?

post-22069-0-26565800-1484832155.png

post-22069-0-86934200-1484832163.png

Hey anyweb,

Not sure if you had the time to view my log above but I did bump into another forum who had the same issue. However, when I checked for the NAP evaluation for each of my software updates, they were already all set to 'No'. Should I place them a NAP evaluation schedule and re-run the 1606 prereq check?

did you try his advice ?

To create/remove a NAP policy for software updates, you must select Enable/disable NAP evaluation on the NAP Evaluation tab in software update properties. 
Therefore I browsed to Software Library -> Overview -> Software Updates -> All Software Updates and added the Column "NAP Evaluation".
I sorted these criteria and saw that there were a couple of old updates haven set a date instead of "No".
After selecting them, I unchecked "Enable NAP Evaluation" in the NAP Evaluation tab of the properties and tried the prerequisites check again. Success!!!