jonrowe81

Running Task Sequence from a pre-configured local partition

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a way to create a more mobile OSD task sequence, and for my environment..I have it working exactly how I need it to...but I'm wanting to tweak it a bit. I need some help though.

I work in education, and we have 2-3000 laptops throughout our district. I have a task sequence that runs 100% wireless from a USB stick. What I would LOVE to be able to do is the following:

Step one of the task sequence : Wipe all partition data on hard drive

Step two of the task sequence : Create a "xGB" sized partition that will house the entire task sequence data/packages. The rest of the task sequence will reference this drive, as well as provide all the files required for the task sequence.

Step three : it lays down the rest of the task sequence just as it does now off of a USB drive, except the "USB Drive" is replaced by the partition / data listed in the second step.

Thoughts?

I know this is probably possible, I just do not have the proper terminology / process down.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!