lord_hydrax

Windows 10 Deployment Questions

Hi,

I recently captured an image of Windows 10 and was able to successfully deploy it be utilizing the same TS for Windows 7 and just replacing the image file.

With the new Windows 10 deployments though, I would like to be able to leave UEFI and Secure boot enabled in BIOS for new computers so we can take advantage of their features and also save some time with deploying computers. (Especially when users at branch offices need to configure this)

So I am wondering what I need to do to utilize UEFI and Secure Boot?

My Current Windows 10 TS looks like this:

Win10TS.jpg

Only one partition step:

Win10_Partition.jpg

So I guess step one I need the separate partition step for UEFI partitioning with variables defined in both to determine which partition type to use. I've seen some guides on that so I think I can add that in ok.

What else might I need to do for UEFI and Secure Boot support?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Hi,

The easiest way to do this is to create a new OS Deployment Task sequence, then you get the UEFI Steps in that Task Seqeunce and you can easily compare and copy paste them to your Task Sequence.

regards,
Jörgen

Well UEFI and Secure Boot seems to all just be working after only adding the UEFI paritioning step... Much easier than expected... They must have made it easier in the new version of SCCM or Windows because I couldn't get it going before. :)