Samson

Uninstall Office 2010 & Install Office 2013

To the Admins, apologies if this is a duplicate thread.

Up against the gun - Our SCCM guru abruptly left the company, and I've been tasked with taking over. I'm a newbie in every sense of the word, but did pick up SCCM 2012 Unleashed and have been reading and watching videos, but have yet to find one to break down my issue in detail. 

I need to upgrade 2000+ users from Office 2010 to Office 2013 using SCCM using Supersedence. Also, I need to make sure that MS Livemeeting, MS Conference Add-in, and Communicator is uninstalled before pushing 2013.

Can someone break the process down for me like I'm one of the cavemen from the old Geico commercials? I went into application management, and I don't see Office 2010, nor Livemeeting, etc. Do these need to be created first before supersedence will even work? Also, I'd like to know how to forcefully push this to a collection of specific devices, and have it as an option in the Software Catalog for the users who still need Office 2010 for specific software, but may want to switch in the future.

Appreciate all feedback.5902159fb1f03_office2010andaddons.PNG.2f20a0ad828ffa00d758f98c77e698c0.PNGapplications.PNG.9eb6859629206cd563e8846c0f81509d.PNG

not sure about the "supersedence" option, but i can help you upgrade your devices. 

google and download the OffScrub.vbs. if you cant locate it, i can send it over.

We use OffScrub in a task sequence to remove the older versions of office, restart the computer, then install the new version of office. If I remember correctly, offscrub It will remove Communicator and Live meeting also. The only catch is we had some devices where Visio and Office shared some .dlls and we had to reinstall Visio on a few devices.

Hi Samson,

I had to do the same thing as you, but had Office 2010 x64, Lync 2013 x64 and I needed to go to Office 2016 x86.

I'm sure there are easier ways to do this, but this is how I achieved what I needed (in caveman terms):

I created 4 applications:

1. Office 2016 ProPlus x86 (With OD and Pub)
2. Uninstall Office 2013 x64
3. Uninstall Office 2010 x64
4. Kill Office Processes

and made each dependant on the proceededing number (1 dependant on 2, 2 dependant on 3 etc.) which means when I deployed the first one it will actually install backwards and uninstall everything and then install Office last.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Kill Office Processes
Function: Kills all open instances of Office apps

Installation Program: "KillOfficeProceses.bat"
Detection Method: 
Type: Folder
Path: C:\Temp
Folder Name: OfficeKilled

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Uninstall Office 2010 x64
Function: Uninstalls Office 2010 x64

Installation Program: uninstall.bat
Detection Method: 
Folder Name: Office2010Uninstalled

2. Uninstall Office 2013 x64
Function: Uninstalls Office 2013 & Lync 2013 x64

Installation Program: cscript.exe OffScrub13.vbs ALL /q /NoCancel
Detection Method: 
Folder Name: Office2013Uninstalled

1. Office 2016 Proplus x86 Install
Function: Installs Office 2016 ProPlus x86 w/ Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Publisher & Skype for Business

Installation Program: setup.exe /configure configuration.xml
Uninstallation Program: setup.exe /configure uninstall.xml
Detection Method: 
Type: Windows Installer
Product Code: {90160000-008F-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}

I have added the script I used (Apologies if that isn't allowed here, please remove it they are and I can give them to whoever needs them)

I realise this might not make sense so if it doesnt please feel free to ask for a bit more clarity, I wrote this on a busy train and kind of rushed it.