sccm_freak

create a DB in SQL2k8 cluster

Question

hi there

im wondering how can i create a DB in an sql2k8 cluster , lets say i have 2 nodes and its configured succesfully for clustering and i can move the resources from one cluster to another , i want to know the DB itself how can i create or add one to that SQL cluster ? will i open the sql server management studio and specify the sql cluster name in the server name field or what ?

waiting your reply soon

thanks

post-3974-12628511314639_thumb.png

3 answers to this question

hi there

im wondering how can i create a DB in an sql2k8 cluster , lets say i have 2 nodes and its configured succesfully for clustering and i can move the resources from one cluster to another , i want to know the DB itself how can i create or add one to that SQL cluster ? will i open the sql server management studio and specify the sql cluster name in the server name field or what ?

waiting your reply soon

thanks

just use the cluster resource name to login. If you hit the browse button it should search the LAN for all db servers and select from the list :-)

then once it's logged in, on the left tree menu right-click databases select create :-)

note this is from memory, will confirm on 08 cluster in about 8 hours :-)