simulacra75

Potential issue with Language Interface Packs and new Win 10 builds

Hi there. I've followed the excellent guide on this site (thanks Niall!) for integrating Language Interface Packs into a Task Sequence and it seems to work pretty well for me. Something i thought of though, let's say for arguments sake that i rollout Win 10 1607 with a bunch of LIP's in a Task Sequence and further down the line i have a number of different computers with different LIP's installed.

I now want to upgrade these machines to Windows 10 1703. Given that there are different LIP's for each build of Windows 10 I'd suspect that i would need to also upgrade the LIP on any machine where a 1607 LIP is installed. Is that a correct assumption? Assuming that it is, i was wondering how do i programatically identify machines that have, say, a Japanese LIP installed, so that when their OS is upgraded to 1703 that the Japanese 1703 LIP also gets installed?

Anyone tackled this scenario before?

Thanks