paulmf

MDT Sysprep and Capture TS Woes

Question

Hello all,

It is nice to find this forum, hopefully I can get through this issue with your help.

I've been working through issues with the Sysprep and Capture TS, and after a few days of struggling through I've come to a real head scratcher. I can get the TS to execute and fully capture and create the WIM file, however the file is not being put where specified in the Capture Image question of the wizard. The BDD file is even logging that its putting it in the correct directory, but nothing. I can't find it anywhere on the MDT server in either of the deployment shares that exist in the file system.

<![LOG[About to run command: "\\ntfs-mdt\BuildShare$\Servicing\X64\dism.exe"  /Capture-Image /CaptureDir:D:  /ImageFile:"C:\BuildShare\Captures\WIN10-PLEDGE-BASE.wim"  /Name:"WIN10CAP10DDrive" /Compress:MAX /ConfigFile:"\\ntfs-mdt\BuildShare$\Tools\X64\wimscript.ini" /ScratchDir:"D:\MININT\Scratch"]LOG]!><time="16:32:23.000+000" date="10-03-2017" component="ZTIBackup" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIBackup">

<![LOG[Using the backup path: C:\BuildShare\Captures\WIN10-PLEDGE-BASE.wim]LOG]!><time="17:05:53.000+000" date="10-03-2017" component="ZTIBackup" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIBackup">
<![LOG[Using a local or mapped drive, no connection is required.]LOG]!><time="17:05:53.000+000" date="10-03-2017" component="ZTIBackup" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIBackup">

Do the logs suggest its storing it locally? Why does it use the UNC and then revert to C:\ locally?

Has anyone run into this before? I'm at wits end and web searches have not proved to be successful on this one.

Thanks,

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet